Tuesday, January 10, 2012

hp bluetooth software for vista!Setting Up HP Wireless Printer WITHOUT Software?

The simple fact of the matter is that HP software is a real CPU and memory hog. I don't want to have ANY HP software on my computer, AT ALL, but I have an HP wireless printer (it's Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth), and I want to find a way to set it up WITHOUT using any software.

I've already tried doing a search for wireless printers through Vista, and no matter what settings I turn on or off from the printer, Vista can't find it.

I don't want recommendations on other printers or brands or how the software isn't as bad as I say it is. Juhp bluetooth software for vistast please answer my question and tell me how I can set up the printer WITHOUT software. Thanks.
You need to configure the wireless printer with..

1) Correct ESSID
2) DHCP if it's getting it's IP automatically from your modem/router
3) Subnet mask
4) Security/Encryption settings ie. WEP, WPA etc

Just as you would if configuring a PC on your network. This should all be accessible from the printer control panel, worst case you will need to install the HP utility while you configure and then remove it. The drivers for the printer will hp bluetooth software for vistaneed to be installed onto each of the computers that is going to use it.

Impossible to give more detail without the printer model.
The WiFi printer can't be connected to through the Windows printer setup. Best is to download the Basic Driver package, then manually strip it down. Or put a memory card in the printer and connect to it with its IP adress in Explorer, copy the files and then manually print it from the printer itself

No comments:

Post a Comment